- "We return each year to the Isle of Man for the TT and again for the Festival. We came across the Arrandale after we were looking for a pet friendly bed and breakfast and have been back ever since. The staff are always helpful and friendly and the rooms clean and comfortable. They do a mean pie if you get the chance to stay for dinner."
- "Helpful and cheerful staff along with a good sized double room and a pretty damn good breakfast, will have me returning again for my 4th visit soon. The bathroom was lovely and clean and the towels nice and fluffy. Parking has been nice and easy on all occasions and being only a short stroll from the beach, you get a chance to unwind with a good seaside walk. Many thanks to The Mereside and it's staff will be seeing you again soon on my next IOM trip."
- "We had a clean modern room at The Rosslyn B&B, with a good sized comfy bed. Parking was plentiful on the street and free. One street back from the Bay of Douglas and close to the ferry it was nice and easy to find. We had a good quality breakfast in the morning and our helpful hosts gave us directions to our mornings meeting. A welcome introduction to the Isle of Man for us."
- "There was plenty of free parking around on the Promenade and the Caledonia, making it ideal for taking your dog for a walk as you only had to walk out the front door. The staff were wonderful and helpful and the rooms clean and tidy. The Chinese restaurant in the evening also has a small bar area. Couldn't have asked for a better B&B break."
- "Having been in the UK now for some time, we like to get out and see as much as we can. Our recent trips have been to the Isle of Man and having stayed at a few bed and breakfasts on the island have found the Inglewood to be the best. The owners Pip & Andy are just homely and welcoming and enjoy running their B&B. You get to enjoy lovely walks along the Bay of Douglas and with the island being small it is only ever a short car journey to stunning scenery. It may take a while to get used to the Manx beer but I am slowly coming around to it - our favourite so far is The Creek Inn in Peel."
- "Once you've realised King Edward Road is actually 2 roads then finding Englewod Lodge becomes far easier. Off the ferry in Douglas you follow the bay road towards Laxey, skip the first turning into Howe Rd on your left and take the next one with the little green train shelter by the tracks. Take an immediate right after the shelter and your on the parallel King Edward Rd and Englewood is a few hundred yards further on the left. Then you can relax in the conservatory with endless tea/coffee and Margaret's cake of the day. We had a room with a fantastic bathroom with separate bath and shower, a huge bed and plenty of storage. The breakfasts were all well cooked and very scrummy indeed. A lovely B&B with great views and a warm and welcoming owner."
Hotels in Douglas
Visitors looking to dive as deeply as possible into the island's history flock to the Manx Museum, which is a rich treasure-trove of gems and insights into a unique and diverse past. Those looking for a more sporting holiday will find the new National Sports Centre offering world-class activities for all tastes. Motorcycle fans obviously know Douglas as home of the Isle of Man TT race - a legendary road race that has challenged the finest riders in the world for over 100 years. For general sports including swimming and squash, check out the National Sports Centre, a purpose-built complex that offers a huge range of sporting activities for all ages.
Many of Douglas' Victorian buildings and hotels have been modernised or replaced over recent decades, though a stroll down the Promenade will highlight several examples of truly striking architecture from days gone by. The Gaiety Theatre is considered a national symbol of Edwardian glory, while the Royal Hall of Villa Marina is simply breathtaking.
FAQ's about Douglas accommodation
Which Douglas B&B's are best for couples?
Which Douglas B&B's are best for singles?
Are there any cheap hotels in Douglas?
Which B&B's in Douglas are best for families?
What Douglas hotels are best for groups?
Which hotels in Douglas offer free parking?
How much is it for a B&B in Douglas tonight?
Our best value B&B deal tonight can be found at Edelweiss Guest House from £32 * with 18 rooms and a guest review score of 9.0. * Subject to availability.