- "The hotel was amazing - for the little we paid for the room the value was so surprising! Our room had a great view, plus it had lots of amenities you'd normally find at a much more expensive place. Breakfasts were great to and inc in the room rate, so it just gets better. The hotel was a bit threadbare in places, needs a bit of TLc but everything was fine and again for the rate was outstanding value! We would effeminately stay here at the Scarisbrick Hotel next time were in Southport which is a bi annual event for us. "
- "This fab B&b is right on the promenade in the thick of all that Southport has to offer. Our room was a little compacted, but had all the amenities inc a great shower and very comfortable bed. Breakfast was the usual cooked English with all the trimmings. Our prime thought was the value - we paid just £30 per night which for the location was very good value indeed."
- "Great hotel well located in the heart of Southport. We stayed for a weekend and enjoyed the room and the hotel very much - we were well looked after by the friendly staff who couldn't do enough to please - 10/10. Our room was a good size and the en-suite well laid out and the shower pressure terrific. Breakfasts were buffet style with lots of choice and the coffee was freshly brewewd... Will return and recommend without hesitation."
- "We stayed at the Prince of Wales for a night whilst attending the Southport airshow. We found that the hotel was above expectation in respect of the room and facilities, especially given the room rate for such a busy weekend. Our room was bright, spacious and well presented and had lots of little extra touches inc nice toiletries. A full English breakfast was served which was delicious, but there are other options if you are not like us gluttonous types! Recommended!"
- "Was struck by how clean the hotel was, really impressive. Standards in the room were high, with the desk, chairs, and bed being ideal for use. Shower wasn’t huge and access was a bit restricted. But functioned well and I had plenty of hot water. Location was close to the town centre, as well as the station and Princes Park."
- "Absolute hidden gem we love it at the Braemar and it's in the best location for walking distance to Southport and all the attractions. After a warm welcome we were shown to a delightful room with a huge comfy bed and modern bathroom. The breakfast was incredible with endless coffee, tea and toast on the side, Michael in a superb host! Worth every penny!"
- "We absolutely loved this guest house, Steve and Tracy are the perfect hosts! Outstanding room with beautiful décor, good quality beds, excellent bathroom, and the items left for us sewing kit, paracetamol, pens and paper, great hospitality tray too. Amazing breakfast with so much choice. We cannot wait to come back!"
- "Jimmy and Colette were the perfect hosts at Clifton Villa, an easy stroll to the town of Stockport and lots of restaurants and shops. The room was tastefully decorate and furnished to a high standard. The breakfast was fantastic, so much choice and all freshly cooked. Excellent value and we have already booked to return!"
Southport in the borough of Sefton, Merseyside, is a classic British seaside town with traditional charm mixed with modern architecture. The area is commonly referred to as England's golfing capital, and this is due to the fact that the area has the highest concentration of championship link golf courses in the country. South of the town, there are sand dunes which run from Birkdale to Woodvale, and which stretch for miles. These sand dunes have been designated as a National Nature Reserve.
Southport has several attractions for tourists or holiday makers. There is an annual air show held in the city that attracts visitors from all over the world who come to see traditional warplanes and modern air displays at the Southport Air Show. The Splash World Waterpark is an ideal location for a family day out and there are various slides and pools to suit visitors of all ages.
The Royal Birkdale Golf Club has hosted two Ryder Cups along with the nearby Southport and Ainsdale Golf Club. The seaside location of Ainsdale, which is to the south of the town, has seen the area become a popular place for those who like to take part in the sport of kite-surfing.
Southport has long been a traditional seaside town, and in the past the main industries have been traditional coastal jobs, mainly fishing and fish markets. The late 18th century saw the awakening of Southport as a tourist location, and tourism has become a major part of the local economy in the intervening years.
FAQs about accommodation in Southport
Which Southport B&B's are best for couples?
Which Southport B&B's are best for singles?
Some of the best rates for single rooms in Southport can be found at Le Maitre on selected nights. as well as Royal Clifton Hotel & Spa Sure Collection By Best Western on selected nights.
Are there any cheap hotels in Southport?
Which B&B's in Southport are best for families?
What Southport hotels are best for groups?
Which hotels in Southport offer free parking?
How much is it for a B&B in Southport tonight?
Our best value B&B deal tonight can be found at Richmond House from £19 * with 12 rooms and a guest review score of 8.0. * Subject to availability.